The first half of the 2017 academic year is over and it is time for everyone to retreat to the warmth of their hearths and HIBERNATE.
The Winter Festival this past Wednesday evening was a definite highlight of this term and a memory to be cherished. It is an absolute goosebumps moment when the lights go out, quiet settles over the field and the lights of the lanterns become visible in the distance. If you did not manage to attend it this year, diarise it for next year: it is not to be missed!
- Marguerite, Shanna and Alta, for putting together a special programme.
- Hayley for the children’s beautiful singing.
- Hanako for your piano accompaniment AND for teaching some of the grade 8s to fire dance like professionals.
- Heather Malleson for teaching our marimba players and being here to support them on the evening.
- Arnon van der Spuy and Jessica …. from Mighty Fine Productions for videographing the evening. Thank you, too for the use of the camera equipment and your continued support of the school.
- Rosemary Hill for letting us use your venue and preparing the delicious eats and drinks on offer.
Click here to watch a video clip of the evening.
After the rationalisation process of May, the children at both The Kindergarten and The Waldorf School have settled back into their routines and the teachers are all doing exceptionally well with the distribution of the extra duties.
We have had some recent staff appointments:
At the last Board meeting it was decided to appoint Zelde Rischmüller as The Waldorf School’s acting Business Manager with effect from the third term. She will still be responsible for the school’s communication and event management and Thomas Franken will gradually hand over his responsibilities to her over the next few months.
Fabian Sing was appointed as a teacher’s assistant at The Kindergarten with effect from 12 June and immediately demonstrated that she is a vibrant and enthusiastic addition to our nursery school staff complement.
We are pleased to welcome Karabo Mokobodi as a student intern in the ISASA Maths & English Program. She is currently studying towards her teaching degree through UNISA and will be under Philip’s mentorship, assisting in his maths and science classes during her stay with us. She will also be performing some duties in the hostel.
A heartfelt ‘welcome’ to both Fabian and Karabo. May you soon feel at home here on Rosemary Hill Farm!
The Parents’ Committee has organised a fundraiser with some amazing prizes. Click on the raffle image below to view a list of the prizes and see the terms and conditions of the raffle.
Please remember to use your child’s unique code when you send your SMS to enter. You may send as many SMSs as you like. Each SMS costs R20.
The raffle ends on 9 August and winners will be announced on Friday, 11 August. May the odds be ever in your favour!
Some administrative reminders:
- Our holiday programme kicks off from Thursday, 29 June and is available to all our Kindergartners as well as children up to grade 5. The Kindergarten staff will supervise the learners and the children will be served freshly prepared breakfast, lunch and teatime snacks. This service will be available at R160 per day. A bus service may be made available with a limited route at an additional cost of R50 per day. We will need a minimum of 5 children on the bus to make the transport financially viable. The children will be kept busy with arts and crafts and other fun and exciting activities on the farm might be organised at an additional cost. Please let Thea in the office know if your child will be attending the holiday programme; we need to do our meal planning in advance.
- The children will be receiving their mid-year reports on Wednesday. A kind reminder that your child’s report will be withheld if your school fees are in arrears and you did not make an arrangement with Linda.
- School opens for the third term on Tuesday, 25 July.
We wish one and all a peaceful and blessed hibernation and look forward to seeing everyone back at school well-rested after the long winter holiday.